Fiches 1 en anglais, start, menu, passwd
Aide à la lecture : sur une autre page.On another page
Pour lire cette page facilement, faites : CTRL + ALT + R .
Contenu de l'article
The desktop under AccessDV Linux
The Panel, also called the taskbar or dashboard, is located at the very top.
This panel or "taskbar", at the top, integrates from left to right :
The AccessDVMenu V1 or V2 or TEXT menu access button.
The menu access button called "Whisker".
The XFCE application menu access button : it is a vertical drop-down menu.
It provides access to the entire AccessDV Linux system.
The Change User button.
The list of open windows.
The power supply status, the battery level of a laptop computer.
The launcher menu for the ORCA screen reader.
The Launchers menu for Accessibility.
An email status display.
The notification area, displaying the network connection.
Control of the overall volume.
A’Logout Menu’ button by which you can Turn off the computer.
Dashboard size :
Right-click on the dashboard, choose : Preferences of the dashboard.
And then choose the size of a line, which determines the size of the icons placed on this dashboard.
Minimized windows :
When you reduce a window, it is placed on the dashboard.
We move from one window to another by doing : CTRL + ALT + TAB.
To restore the window, simply confirm with : Entrance.
The office itself :
On the desktop, you will be able to have Launchers, i. e. clickable graphic objects that generally allow you to launch an associated application. There are :
- - The graphic clock.
- - Icons if you have placed any.
- - The wallpaper, application windows or other dialog boxes.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
The AccessDV Menu
You can open the AccessDV Menu by doing : Win + M
or CTRL + WIN + 1 of the numeric keypad .
or ALT + AltGr if you have adopted the simple menu
You can move from one tab to another using Right Arrow or Left Arrow.
Below the tab line are icons that are application launchers.
We move from one icon to another using the Direction Arrows .
When you are on a launcher, simply press the "Enter" key on the keyboard or the Space bar and this opens the application.
You can open the AccessDVMenu as a TEXT by doing :
CTRL + WIN + 2 of the numeric keypad .
You can re-open the AccessDV Menu by doing it again : Win + M
or else CTRL + WIN + 1 of the numeric keypad .
Close the AccessDV Menu by doing : ALT + F4, several times if necessary
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Very first start
1 - Insert the bootable key into the computer that is turned off.
2 - Launch the computer and possibly modify the BIOS so that the computer starts on the key.
3 - Start on the key, the temporary password is : advl
4 - Change the password.
To do this, launch the Terminal by doing WIN + T and then type the word : passwd
and follow the instructions.
Don’t forget to write down the password so you can retrieve it.
5 - See the Internet connection. To do this, do : CTRL + 9 of the activated numeric keypad.
With an eternal cable, no problem. For the WIFI there will be codes to enter.
6 - Read the documentation on the website or on the sheets.
7 - Configure the email system. To do this : WIN + ALT + Apostrophe and click on
Edit/Parameters/Account Management/Create an email account
8 - Install the printer.
For the entire distribution, there are three main types of menus.
- - the AccessDV Menu . You can access it with : WIN + M . Read further on.
- - the Whisker menu accessed with : CAPITAL + WIN + F1 .
- - the main menu accessed with : CTRL + WIN + F1 .
- - the personal menu (or simple menu) accessed with : ALT + AltGr
- Machine to read menu : CTRL + WIN + 3 of the activated numeric keypad.
- Screen reader menu : CTRL + WIN + 4 of the activated numeric keypad.
- Accessibility menu : CTRL + WIN + 5 of the activated numeric keypad.
- Accessibility menu for the blind : CTRL + WIN + F2.
- Espeak Voice Configuration Menu : CTRL + WIN + 6 of the activated numeric keypad.
- Windows menu : ALT + Space when a window is open.
- Context menu : SHIFT + F10
- Disconnection menu : WIN + Q
- Messaging menu : CTRL + WIN + F4
- Network Connection Mode Menu : CTRL + 9 of the activated numeric keypad
- Weather menu : CTRL + WIN + F7
The AccessDV Menu
The AccessDV Menu gives you the choice between four presentations : V1, V2, TEXT or SIMPLE.
Menus V1 and V2 are tables with icons.
The TEXT or SIMPLE menus are presented in a list format.
1 - launch the selection tool with : UPDATE + WIN + M.
2 - Move through the list with Down Arrow or Up Arrow.
3 - When you have chosen V1 or V2 or TEXT or SIMPLE, accept the choice with Spacebar.
4 - Confirm with ALT + V
Then, with WIN + M or by clicking on the ADVL icon at the top left of the screen, you launch the menu that has been selected.
You can also create a custom shortcut, but be careful not to conflict with an existing shortcut.
The simple menu or menu-perso
ALT + AltGr is a simplified menu, using the keys on either side of the space bar.
Press the ALT key and keep your finger on it
then press the Alt Gr key once and lift your fingers.
then a list of possibilities appears at the top of the screen.
If the screen reader is active, and if you hit the Down Arrow you hear :
Access DV simple menu.
You can move through this menu with Down Arrow or Up Arrow - and if necessary
Right arrow if the menu is presented in two parts.
The simple menu can be modified according to the user’s wishes. Just modify the file : /home/ADVLinux/MyAccessDVMenu/perso.txt
Be sure to respect the three lines : item, cmd, icon.
- Focus : it is the indication of the element on which you are located.
- Menu : many possibilities are opened. Then hit Right Arrow once,
then navigate through the list with Down Arrow.
- Button : indicates an action to be taken. You can validate by using the Spacebar or : ALT + V.
- Input field : you arrive at a line where you can enter text. You can then start writing immediately.
- Link : we arrive on a line that refers to another element. Confirm with the key INPUT or : ALT + V. Sometimes you can use the Spacebar or again : the slash of the disabled numeric keypad. or, for example, on Google News, Alt + S and Entry
- Combo box : it is both a text box and a drop-down list.
You choose one of the elements of the box by hitting the Up or Down Arrows.
Confirm with the Spacebar.
- Mode : there are two ways, the focus mode which allows you to write and the navigation mode. We switch from one to the other by doing : Insert + A
- Validate : To validate is to accept a choice. You can confirm by using the INPUT or : ALT + V. Sometimes you can use the Spacebar.
- Tabulate : Tabulate is moving the focus using the TAB key. When you press the tab key, you hear : Tabulation. To go back in time, do : UPDATE + TAB
- Click : Click, it is to select an element with the left controller of the smile.
- Double-clicking is making two very fast clicks. For people who are with stiff fingers, it is possible to do CLIC + ENTRY.
- Right-click to open a context menu when you are on a element. But if you are blind, you can use the slash or the asterisk on the numeric keypad is disabled.
- Check : Choose from several options. The user can check/uncheck a box by clicking on it, or with the Space key.
- Exit : To exit, do : ALT + F4 (even if you have no difficulties visual) or use the procedures specific to each application.
Change the password
The change is made using the Terminal.
1 - Open a terminal by doing : WIN + T.
2 - Enter the word : passwd . And press the Enter key.
3 - You are asked for the : Word UNIX password (current).
Enter the current password. We can’t see anything : that’s normal.
And confirm with the Enter key.
4 - You are asked : Enter the new UNIX password.
5 - Then enter the password you want and press Enter.
6 - You are asked : Retype the new UNIX password.
7 - Enter the desired password again and press the Enter key.
8 - If everything went well, the terminal indicates : passwd : the password has been updated successfully. Make a note, somewhere, of this password.
My computer speaks
When the eye can’t see, the voice helps.
With AccessDV Linux, ORCA software provides voice for many operations.
ORCA can be started or stopped by doing : CTRL + SHIFT + O.
But do not do it repeatedly because the system is fragile. It is better to play with the speaker volume if necessary.
ORCA can be enabled/disabled temporarily by pressing : INSERT + S.
If you hear a long description, or if you hear two voices, press the CTRL key.
If ORCA and active :
the keys on the keyboard are audible. We check by pressing the keys as soon as AccessDV Linux is launched
ORCA reads sentences, words, letters, numbers and numbers.
ORCA’s voice can be modified, preferring a male or female voice.
You can adjust the flow rate, volume, pitch of the voice. The adjustment tools are available by doing : CTRL + WIN + 4 of the activated numeric keypad.
Other ORCA settings are possible by doing : INSERT + Space
ORCA reads everything it sees, using other tools such as Espeak and Mbrola.
Keys to know
Remember, it is strongly recommended to have an external keyboard. You will need the following next keys :
- F4 - above the main pavement. When you hit it, you hear it : F 4.
- C T R L to the left of the main paver, the first one at the bottom. When you hit it you hear : left control.
- C T R L_D - to the right of the main paver, the first one at the bottom. When you hit it you hear : right control.
- Shift - to the left of the main paving stone, the second from the bottom. When you hit it you hear : left upper case.
- TAB - to the left of the main paver, the fourth from the bottom. When you hit it you hear : tabulation.
- ALT - at the bottom of the main paving stone, the first to the left of the space bar. When you hit it, you hear it : Alt left.
- WIN - this is the second key on the left at the bottom of the main block. When you hit it, you don’t hear anything.
- Entrance - on the right edge of the main paver. It’s the third key on the way up from the start of the lower right corner of the main paver. It is recognizable by its non rectangular, because it’s the only one. When you hit it, you hear it : Entrance.
- The Enter key is often used to confirm, or do : OK.
We also use a lot : the VERR NUM key on the numeric keypad, the PLUS key on the keypad the Alt Gr key, the Enter key on the numeric keypad and the Space Bar key
Stop and restart
To stop or restart, first do : WIN + Q
You hear : menu disconnection of access dv linux dv access
Then you hear : turn off the button
Then you hear : make your choice -frame
- Arrêter l’ordinateur
The menu is on off by default. Two cases are possible :
- 1 - if you hit the space bar, you hear : computer shutdown.
Wait until the computer is turned off if you have USB keys to remove.
- 2 - if you hit the right arrow, you go to the button : restart.
Then hit the space bar and the computer restarts.
If you need to cancel, do : ALT + N
You must never, except in exceptional cases, switch off the computer by pressing the button used to launch the computer.
Si vous avez le lecteur d'écran ORCA sous Linux ou sous AccessDV Linux,
- accédez aux titres des articles en frappant H ou MAJ + ALT + H .
- ou les touches 1-2-3-4-5 du pavé principal .
- accédez aux différents liens
en frappant K ou MAJ + ALT + K .
Revenez à la page d'accueil ou au plan du site en frappant la touche M .
Pour ceux qui sont sous Windows :
Si vous utilisez le lecteur d'écran NVDA, frappez la touche H pour accéder aux titres des articles ou Touche-NVDA + F7, puis T pour accéder aux titres des articles. Frappez la touche K ou Touche-NVDA + F7, puis N pour accéder aux différents liens.
Si vous utilisez le lecteur d'écran JAWS, frappez la touche T pour accéder aux titres des articles ou Touche-JAWS+ F6 pour accéder aux titres des articles. Frappez la touche TAB ou Touche-JAWS + F7 pour accéder aux différents liens.